It is important to keep a watch on your plumbing pipes and the system. This is even more essential, when you are living in an old home. We need to understand that as the plumbing system starts aging, the pipes usually start showing different indications of various problems.
Thus, those who are living at old homes are often advised to keep a close watch for the pipes. If these are not regularly watched, it is possible that you will miss some signs of problems and you might have to face costly repairs later on.
Keep a check on different areas of your homes such as crawl spaces or utility rooms. You might get some clues about problematic pipes from these areas. When your plumber visits your premises, you will be advised on what needs to be done. It is important to know if your pipes need replacement or repair and your plumber is the best person to advise you on the same.
Worn out pipes are easily identified, though you might find it tough to understand, if you are not experienced. However, here are a few signs which are indications that your pipes are worn out and you need to seriously think about them.
- Leakages – A slight leakage is also a warning that your pipes are worn out and they should be replaced. If your property is old, this is even more essential. Pipes usually deteriorate with time.
- Mold and Mildew – One common indication of leakage is the existence of mold and mildew around the plumbing system. Mold is usually found in moist and damp environments. If there is leakage, mold will survive. This is more in areas like behind a wall or just under the floor. If you spot mildew or mold, it is a sure indication of leakage and you need to be careful.
- Corrosion – Are you noticing corrosion of pipes? Are there flakes or dimples. If yes, it means that the pipe needs repair or replacement. It also means that the acid content is high and it might be corroding the water.
- Colored Water – If you find discolored water from the sink or faucets, it means there is rust. Rust often makes water rusty and unpleasant.
- Stains – Do you notice stains? If yes, it is a sign of corrosion which needs to be fixed.
There are many ways by which you can know that your pipes are worn out. If you realize they are worn out, you need to get them replaced soon. Keep checking your plumbing equipment regularly so that you are aware about their condition.
For a great executive coach, call Andy Tucker Coaching.